Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Work in Progress Wednesday 194







 Hi everyone. I hope you had a great weekend. Ours was nice, despite staying close to home. My husband has been working a ton lately, so it was great just to hang out with one another. I got a little knitting time and finished my Frais hat that I hope to share soon. 





I'm not usually a big hat knitter, but right after finishing the Frais hat, I cast on a Sockhead. A few of my friends are making this hat, or about to start it so I thought I would join along. I'm using my good friend Rijel's yarn, Black Market Wool is her company. This is Milo Twist Sock in colorway No Use for a Name. Gorgeous, right?! Check her out at blackmarketwool.com. I am changing the pattern slightly, as a lot of people have complained that it ends up too big. I'm using a size US 2 needle instead of a US 2.5, and I also cast on 136 sts instead of 144.

 That's it for me today. I hope you have a great rest of your week and if you live in my part of the world, stay cool!



For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier! 

6 comments:

  1. It just have to be a pretty hat with that beautiful yarn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors in the hat you're making, it's going to be gorgeous!!
    I love keeping tabs on the WIPW and finding new blogs to look at as well. Thanks for having the linky party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always choose such colourful wool, I am a bit scared of variegated wool, but always make it look great. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI this is my first time joining in here... Nice to meet you:) That really is a beautiful yarn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous looking wool. It's going to be one good looking hat.

    ReplyDelete