Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday 122

Happy hump day everyone! I hope you're having a great Wednesday, or it looks like your Wednesday will shape up to be a good one. It's slow and steady over here in Tami land, which is how I like it! I've been knitting and cross stitching the past few days, but wanted to share my knitting progress today.




My WIP pile is ridiculously huge, so I decided to pull out one that you haven't seen in a LONG time! Why haven't you seen it? You may remember that I broke my needle tip on these gloves like 6+ months ago! I found them in the move (or found the project bag that contained them!) and went to work again. Now I have another set of needles and thought it was time to finish these now that the weather is HOPEFULLY turning cold here. The pattern is Treads and I'm using Tosh Vintage in Baltic (the yarn is gorgeous!) I should have these done SOON, but I'm not making any promises! ;)



 As you can see on my second WIP that I'm currently knitting, I'm almost finished here too! I'm just starting to toe decrease on my husband's first sock. I'm making these for Christmas, and so I better get a move on! I've been comparing it to the sock that I made him awhile ago, but it's hard since the ones already made are a little stretched out and felted. I'm not using a pattern, but just making it 2x2 rib on the cuff and on the in step with a garter ridge lined Eye of the Partridge heel (my favorite!). Hopefully they'll fit! I'm using Candy Skein November '12 colorway, Pumpkin Pie!


That's it for me today. I hope you have a great day and rest of your week! See you Friday!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!






14 comments:

  1. You are working on nice projects and with such beautiful yarn, the color of the tipless gloves I love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those socks are looking great, I hope you get them finished in time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute mitts and the socks looks great!
    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just recently learned the garter ridge eye of partridge. I love the look with the picked up stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...I LOVE those gloves!!! Making a pair is on my mile long to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Treads is on my list of to dos. Just need to find the opening in the queue! But right now I need an easy, no fuss pattern. I have done too much cabling and texture in the last few knits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Treads-- definitely on my list of things I want to try to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopefully, you can show off two finished objects on Friday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those mitts are fabulous! I love how structured they are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Got plenty of WIPs! Glad to share them here! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those gloves - the design and the colour. And I am sure your hubby will like his socks. I must look up the Eye of the Partridge. (Sounds good for Christmas - "Partridge in a pear tree". OK, I can hear you all groaning.) Happy knitting.

    ReplyDelete