Friday, March 2, 2012

FO Friday 76- The OHMYGOD I LOVE MY SWEATER edition



I can't explain how excited I am to write this post. Seriously, it has been a long time coming... since October 15th! That's when I started the Rhombi cardigan. Now, I have to get something straight here. I didn't work on it that whole time. In fact, I didn't work on it half of November, any of December or much of January or February. Not that it matters, I'm a slow knitter, but I'm not THAT slow.

You may remember, I started it as a KAL on the Candy Skein Addicts Ravelry group. Not many of us did it, (or finished) but I'm so happy that I continued on. In fact, this is my first ever garment. I'm sooo proud of it. Not only is it my first, it's also knit with Candy Skein yarn and my first major blocking. See, here it is blocking! I stretched out the length, flared it a little and pinned the neck so it hit high on my neck.



Pretty, isn't it? Now, for the FULL pictures! Sorry they are dark and a little green looking. With the flash everything was blown out and so these were the best we could get late at night. I promise to take better daytime pics this weekend for everyone to really see it.


Here I am standing stiff but showing it off from the front.

And the back. I LOVE the diamond! See it!?



And another, this one at a slight angle. I'm in love with my new sweater!!!!


I can't explain to you how happy I am with it and how proud I am! Seriously, I wish I could wear it every day!

Materials:

Needles: Size US 6 circular
Size made: Small
Yarn used: Candy Skein Delicious Fingering in Brain Freeze (it took less than 2 skeins)
Pattern used: Rhombi pattern by Terri Kruse
Mods: I made the sleeves a little longer than the pattern called for, as I wanted to be able to wear a short sleeve shirt under and not have them poke out at the bottom. I also picked up more stitches at the back of the neck, as well as under the arm than the pattern called for.

That's it for me this week!!! Share your FOs!!




39 comments:

  1. It is SOOOO beautiful! Congratulations on your first garment! I never would have believed it. ^_^
    I like the slightly longer sleeves, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyyyy! It's gorgeous! It looks wonderful on you. Congratulations & nice work : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, first off--that sweater is GORGEOUS!! Congrats on sticking with it, I love it! The green is so pretty. Second--it is nice to see a picture of you, you look so great in your sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Just.. wow. Its beautiful and I just love the color! FO Fridays are starting to be very dangerous to my queue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fabulous - congrats on your gorgeous new sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sweater, you have such beautiful yarn, you should be proud, is gorgeous. Do you sell your yarn overseas?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sweater is lovely. I really like how it turned out. I have favourited the pattern, as it is something that would be perfect for the Summer months.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great! Congrats on finally getting it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sweater rocks and congratulations for finishing it!!!!! You have a right to be proud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!!!
    Your new cardigan is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!! I love your sweater too! Looks fab on you - perfect fit and the color is lovely! Wear it proudly and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wear it proudly, you did a great job! Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so cute! I think I would wear it every day for the next couple weeks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, wow, wow! Why can't you wear it everyday? At least until spring comes?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I share your excitement. Congrats. It fits you so nice, job well done!! Years ago I crocheted a couple of sweaters, but it was before I took pictures of projects, well before digital pics etc. Never thought about it, but I've yet to knit on...someday perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The title of your post says it all!! It's beautiful and looks great on!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh, I love it, too. Great color - another winner from Candy Skein!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE IT! That's a great color on you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your sweater is sooooo pretty. I hope when I make my first sweater that it turns out that good.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oops, ignore my deleted comment. I had a typo as I just woke up and my brain isn't functioning yet.

    Thank you so much everyone! I'm swelling with pride!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on the finished sweater!!! It's so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great FO Tami! I love that cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on your first garment. It is a milestone. Looks very pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on the first garment. i am sorry but I'm not going to be able to visit everyones posts today, my son is ill.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Tami, I am so impressed!! Didn't you just begin knitting?? Now I'm really behind. ;p Great job. The sweater looks terrific, you look terrific, and congrats! (I haven't been here in a while, sorry! Was moving from NY to CA and trying to settle in!)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ooh, that looks fantastic! Great job! I love that it's your own hand dyed yarn too, great achievement :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE the sweater... i have an open cardi i'm finishing this weekend but it's a much easier pattern. i'm looking forward to working on my next one though!

    i linked up for the first time... i finished up two amigurumi designs this week! i found your site via Fresh Stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  29. It looks great!!! Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The sweater is gorgeous! Well done on finishing it :) The colour is fantastic and the fit is great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. It looks so light and soft - great color! Such a fabulous sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This looks absolutely gorgeous on you. Love the color and good on you for finishing it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your sweater is INSANELY cute. Great job!

    ReplyDelete