Friday, August 12, 2011

FO Friday 47


Happy almost weekend! I hope you all have a great time doing whatever you have planned and perfect weather for it. We have a wedding to go to at the beach this weekend. To be honest, I had no clue what I was going to wear. After raiding my sister's closet for a dress and getting a special surprise in the mail, I totally have an awesome outfit! Want to see the surprise?




It's a gorgeous Aeolian shawl in Candy Skein Delicious lace yarn in the Candy Skein colorway. It's a colorway I specifically dyed for this shawl, and haven't made another skein in this colorway after. I wanted it to match my Candy Skein logo, and I think it got pretty close!

I'm so very lucky to know and call a friend a very talented lady named Robin. She's in my Monday night knitting group and offered to make me a sample shawl for when I do marketplaces/conventions/craft shows. How could I say no!? Isn't it AMAZING!!?? I can't help but pet it (even my cat, Roxy couldn't not pet it!) and it's sooo soft and light. The drape is amazing. I have crazy sensitive skin, and I was wearing it over a tank top around the house last night and I didn't have any issues whatsoever. I plan to take pictures of me with it on and the little black dress I'm going to wear it with on Saturday!

That's it for me for FO Friday. Unfortunately, I don't have anything to share that I've actually knit. I hope you don't mind me sharing Robin's beautiful work, but I couldn't help but brag at my new addition to my wardrobe.

Share you FOs!






32 comments:

  1. OMG, that shawl is unbelievably gorgeous!!!!! I don't blame you for being unable to keep your hands off it!

    Enjoy the wedding and have an awesome weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. your shawl if beautiful, I really need to try more lace. I hope you post pohots of you wearing it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that shawl is amazing! The colour is absolutely gorgeous too. At first I thought, Tami thinks that is a "simple" shawl? Wha??? Then I went back and realized the word was "sample" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Tami - I goofed up my first link. Maybe you can delete it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't blame you wanting to show off your beautiful gift, I love it. The colour is just stunning too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That shawl is so amazing, I wish I could knit like that. . . one day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful shawl! I also have a wedding tomorrow but no shawl as stunning as yours! *green with envy* hee hee! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a good friend: and a beautiful shawl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning!

    You will look as beautiful, but hopefully not as beautiful, as that would be uncool, as the bride!

    Lucky you that you have such an awesome friend that will knit that for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the shawl. It is beautiful and the colour is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The shawl is gorgeous! Isn't it super rewarding knowing that it was made from your product. Have a great event wearing that gorgeous wrap.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW - that is totally stunning! I think the colour will look amazing on you! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great color! What an amazing gift. That will be great advertisement for your yummy yarn. And you get to wear it too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! The yarn is perfect for that shawl and will look great with a little black dress, for sure! I think you've done really well to match it to your logo. Don't forget to carry business cards with you whenever you wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, LOVE the Aeolian... great dye job on the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is so lovely! I really like the color too. I don't have any FO's today but I'm off to see what everyone else has done! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay Aeolian! I love the color!

    I'm doing an Aeolian now too, but it's using the shortened edging.

    Did you bead yours?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simply stunning shawl! Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That shawl is beautiful, especially in that color!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, that shawl is beautiful and the colour is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  21. so beautiful, gorgeous color! great job!

    thanks for doing this, i love wipw & fof days. :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you everyone for the kind words. I'll pass them on to Robin on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's on my list to do. Hmm, I planned to do Oscilloscope, but maybe I will do the Aeolian instead! It's lovely! Wish I could feel it through the screen. But wait, I could order yarn and touch it instead!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful shawl! You have some awesome yarn colors!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful!! I love your stuff :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful shawl. I love that color. It should look great with a black dress.

    ReplyDelete
  27. that's just gorgeous - so delicate. Lovely colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your blog has become my new favorite for drooling over colored yarns. Yum!

    ReplyDelete