Monday, March 7, 2011

Dyeing for Fun Part 10

The next few weeks, I'll be sharing a few kettle dyed yarns that I dyed last week. I was originally going to just do one skein, but it ended up a fun day and ended up with three pretty skeins. Today I'll start with this one. I was hoping for a good pink, despite it being hard to photograph.




Colorway: Strawberry Margarita
Fiber content: 100% Merino Wool
Weight: DK weight
Yardage: 246 yards
Unit Weight: 100 grams
Care: Hand wash/Dry flat
Dyed with: Kool-aid

5 comments:

  1. New follower! Very cool dye job there! I just read that you started crocheting late 2009. And you have 239 skeins? Girl, I hope I don't keep that pace or my husband will seriously have a heart attack! lol Just taught myself to crochet last month via You Tube videos and am LOVING it! Helps so much with my chronic pain - to distract from the nerve burning. And so many ideas...so little time! I hope to come back and join up -Gonna put your party button on my link party page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheri, thanks and welcome! Make sure you come back tomorrow, as we have WIPW (Work in Progress Wednesday) that is a TON of fun. Yep, I actually just got more yarn (explained tomorrow in WIPW) so I actually have more than 239. Oops. LOL I learned to crochet first as well, and on Youtube! Thanks for linking to my site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, great colour! It's beautifully saturated. Good job on the photos too, I always have such a hard time trying to capture reds and pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. elephantJuice, thanks! It's more of a pink than what is showing up unfortunately! I need to figure out just how to get the colors to show up properly.

    Marushka, thank you!

    ReplyDelete