Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dyeing for Fun Part 8

I'm a little late on this post, as I was unable to take a picture of my latest yarn dye before I left on vacation. I realized that I haven't dyed a lot of blues, which is shocking since blue seems to be the color of yarn I always gravitate to in the store. I decided to go for a kettle dyed look, using my new (old) crock pot to see how it compares to the one I had been using (which is the one I also cook with, hence wanting to get one for just yarn dyeing). I'm very happy with the results, giving it an almost tie dye look of blues, pinks and white.




Colorway: Blueberry Cheesecake
Fiber content: 75% Merino Wool, 25% nylon superwash
Weight: Sport weight
Yardage: 274 yards
Unit Weight: 100 grams
Care: Machine wash/tumble dry low
Dyed with: Wilton's Icing Dye

8 comments:

  1. Andria, thank you! I love blue, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the subtle change in shades too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, what a lovely colour. How do you dye yarn as I would love to give this a try x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anastacia, thank you!

    WonderWhyGal, that's what I love too, the subtle changes. :)

    Rachael, there are several ways actually. If you're on Ravelry, check out this group. There are links to tutorials in the newbie thread. http://www.ravelry.com/groups/what-a-kool-way-to-dye

    ReplyDelete