Friday, November 12, 2010

FO Friday 9

On Wednesday I mentioned that I wanted to finish the dog I'm making for my MiL, but I changed my mind. I figured I could crank out the hat for my BiL a lot faster and wouldn't have to do very much counting while I watched tv. This week has been hard for me, as I needed to catch up on my NaNoWrimo word count. I didn't write on Saturday or Sunday (and barely did on Friday). I paid for that dearly this week. By Thursday night (which is when I'm writing this), I finally caught up. I wrote over 3,000 words today and let me tell you, I'm tired. That being said, I was able to catch up. I learned my lesson, I will write a full day tomorrow and try and get a couple of words in on the weekend. No rest for the weary, right?

So the hat. I figured it would be easier and I was right. My only concern now is that it may not fit him. I guessed based on my husband's head, so let's hope they generally have the same size noggin!

Anyway, enough with my rambling! I hope everyone has a great and crafty weekend. I know I hope to finish the dog and get in a little knitting practice. I haven't been able to pick it up since I learned Purl. I've also decided to reward myself and head to Michaels today (Friday) with a 20% off my entire purchase coupon, on top of a big yarn sale they're having! You can find the coupon, good for sale items, here, good for only yesterday and today. I need more yarn like I need a hole in my head, but oh well! It's a great price and I need a few things for my Christmas projects.

I wanted to say a quick thank you to all soldiers who give their lives so that we can live ours freely in the US. Yesterday was Veteran's Day in the US and Remembrance Day in Canada. We shouldn't need a special day to thank or remember our soldiers, they should be thought of each and every day.

Materials used:

6.00 mm (J) hook
Lion Brand Wool-Ease (Denim)
Caron Simply Soft (Black)
Yarn needle


Pictures to come later. I realized I made an error and am going to be frogging several rows back. I'll post pictures when I fix my mistake. I know posting it as a FO is kinda cheating, but promise I will finish today. It's late right now and I'm pretty pissed I missed my mistakes, so check back later (again) to see it!

Share your FOs!



7 comments:

  1. Oh I hate when you're so close to finishing and then you realise there's a mistake you need go back and fix! So annoying. Hope you manage to get it sorted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks elephantJuice! I frogged it back and once I finish my word count for today will re-finish the hat. I was so distracted watching the hockey game, I didn't turn the row :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think that is cheating. : )
    I'll come back to see the photo, have fun shopping the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Affiknitty. I did have fun and got some great stuff pretty cheap! Hope to get the hat done tonight...again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, since you are hosting this FO Friday it's not cheating. It's just the stress of everything.

    I don't know about the same size head thing with brothers. My youngest has a way bigger head than his older brother, and with their father and uncle it's reversed.

    Good luck with your hat and your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely not cheating! It often seems that the "easy" projects are the ones that sneak up on me since I'm not paying as much attention as I would with something more complicated.

    ps, Amazing job catching up on your word count for NaNoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Denise! It's so hard to make hats for gifts!

    Rachel, thank you! Every year, NaNoWriMo kicks my butt, but I get through it. This year is no exception.

    That's exactly what happened. I thought I could crank it out watching tv and didn't realize I totally screwed up about 6 rows in once I finished. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete