Friday, November 5, 2010

FO Friday 8

Can you believe it? The Owl Bag finally done! Now, I haven't been working on it for a long time (since October 25th) but I haven't been working on much else since I started it. Behold, the owl bag! Now, Wednesday night I was all smug, thinking I had finished the crocheting part and could work on the assembly. Of course, I screwed up. I was too busy watching Doctor Who to realize I did the iris' of the eyes black, not the pupil. My husband suggested that I just go with that but it looks too Muppet-like. So instead of taking the easy way out, I decided to scrap those. Thankfully they're super easy to make and fast, but still. I just wanted this dumb thing finished!

Thursday found me scrambling to finish, as well as write my words for NaNoWrimo. No rest for the weary.


Here's what it looked like last week and this week for WIPW (final product below):






Materials used:

6.00 mm (J) hook
Red Heart Super Saver (bag- Pink Camo/ Buff), eyes- White/ Black/Cafe)
Yarn needle
Thread
Sewing machine
Fabric
Felt (for the beak)

And the finished product (for real this time). I have to say this has to be the most proud of a project I've ever felt. As a lot of you know, I recently got a sewing machine. I decided to go all out and not only line the bag, but also line the straps.

I worked on this project from October 25-November 5th.












15 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing the full finished object when you get the picture up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't finished anything recently - so I posted an FO from October so I could join in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a tease! Can't wait to see it when we get back. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, will be back to check out the new photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kind of stretched the FO part this week, but I hope you will get something from my post anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will definitely check back for the FO picture! Thanks Tami.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks so so so good! You will have to teach me the ways of hand stitching! Job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, everyone! The new photos are UP! It feels so good to finish this project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Alea! I will. I just kinda..do it. LOL Very Very Very slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! Tami, that turned out SO great! I love the polka dot lining, too. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's adorable! Great job on the lining. It's finished projects like these that make me wish I was more proficient at crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Denise, thank you. :)

    Autumngeisha, thanks! It wasn't very hard at all, just VERY time consuming. All you need to know is the sc in the round and just a few rows of sc for the straps. I augmented the pattern with the lining inside and straps. It didn't call for that.

    ReplyDelete